The Sunshine Blogger Award is peer recognition for bloggers that inspire positivity and joy.
Thank-you Anne for your interest in my blog! Being new to the blogging community, I’m delighted people like yourself are reading and engaging with my posts. For those of you who haven’t seen Anne’s site ‘The Art and Science of Wellbeing’ I encourage you to explore it for lots of information about holistic wellbeing – my favourite blog post is about Forest Bathing and I look forward to Anne sharing some of her recipes in the near future!
Here’s my answers to Anne’s questions…
What are you the most grateful for?
Taking away the most obvious ones like health, family, friends – I’d say the fact I’ve lived in different countries. It’s made me open minded and appreciative of cultures and given me a chance to meet lots of interesting people.
If money were not a restriction, where would you live?
I’d have a few homes around the world that I could move between. There are so many beautiful places, I wouldn’t want to stay put. The things they’d have in common is they’d be simple, near water or green spaces and have room for visitors.
Would you choose to have two (or several) homes if you could? Where and why?
Ha. Didn’t read this one fast enough – answered above.
What country would you like to travel to next?
Costa Rica. It’s been a dream for a long time now, so this will be the next ‘big’ adventure.
Which room in your house is most important to you?
The living room. Socialise, read, write, chill out – lots of good things happen here.
What is your favourite meal to cook at home?
Spinach and feta pie – the classic Greek ‘spanakopita’ with my mum’s pastry recipe.
What is your favourite literary genre and/or specific book(s)?
No favourite genre – I really enjoy travel and ‘real world’ stories that draw you in with the setting and characters. A favourite book that makes me laugh is ‘The Innocent Anthropologist: Notes from a Mud Hut’ by Nigel Barley.
What do you do to recharge your batteries if you’ve had a tough day?
Hmm a few things. But mostly, I’m a talker – so find a friend who will listen.
What is your favourite outdoor pursuit?
Diving and hiking.
What do you do to stay healthy?
Nothing new! Exercise, eat healthily, regular sleep. Share worries with trusted people. My ability to switch off and meditate is a work in progress…
Do you have a spiritual practice? If you do, can you describe it?
Standing on high viewpoints or being near the sea – just looking out at the landscape gives me pleasure and puts things into perspective.
My nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award are below – I wanted to draw attention to/acknowledge some new people, as many of the great bloggers I currently follow have multiple awards already! However, I’m sure you’ll see some familiar names.
The content varies –including images, poetry, stories, travel and more – in some way or another, they bring me joy and positivity. I hope you’ll appreciate these blogs as much as I do and maybe even find someone new to follow and engage with…
The Rules are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post/or on your blog.
If you don’t want to participate, there’s no pressure to join in; if you do, here’s your questions – thank you for all your posts!
- What’s the last thing you did that was new?
- Who or what makes you properly laugh/giggle?
- When was the last time you surprised someone (in a good way!)?
- Do you have an unusual hobby/passion?
- What is guaranteed to irritate you?
- Is there a weird/wonderful food combo you would recommend we try?
- Where do you go for some ‘down time’?
- When did you last help someone else?
- How do you get through a dull day at work?
- If you got to choose one chore you would never have to do again what would it be/why?
- What’s something surprising about yourself that not many people know?