The Blogger Recognition Award is an online award given by bloggers to other bloggers as a way of recognising the efforts they put into their site.
I want to thank Wendy for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award. Wendy offers lots of great variety in her blog content – what especially shines through is her quick wit and passion for writing. You can enjoy her work here: Wendy Meggett (Writer).
The Rules for the Blogger Recognition Award
Thank the nominator and publish a post on your blog about receiving the Blogger Recognition Award. Make sure to provide a link to the nominator’s blog in your post.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Nominate 10-15 other bloggers for this award and inform them of their nomination.
This blog began in May 2019 when I found a welcome dip in my study schedule. I’d been hoping to start it for a while, but work demands had taken priority!
As part of my masters we’re encouraged to apply positive psychology in ‘real life’ and share theory and practices with others as best we can. A blog is a great starting point for this and provides a diverse community.
Advice to New Bloggers
I’m still very new to the blogging world, but two suggestions I’d share are:
- Write about what interests you. Your enthusiasm will be reflected in your writing and the people who read your blog are likely to get more from it.
- Use the WordPress ‘Reader’ function to find content of interest, keep your eyes open for other blogger’s recommendations and finally search beyond WordPress! There’s a lot of talented writers out there.
Below are some people I’d like to highlight for the efforts they put into their sites and writing. If you visit them, they have some great content to explore.